COMPUTER SCIENCE I I - CSC 202
- properly utilize object – oriented programming techniques to develop algorithms which solve programming problems.
- document all programming projects.
- utilize classes and derived classes to develop solutions to programming problems.
- utilize recursion for problem solving
- utilize file processing to read and write objects to files.
- understand and implement sorting algorithms and compare their efficiencies. (Selection, Bubble, Insertion, Quick, Merge)
- understand and implement dynamic data structures including linked lists, queues and stacks to solve programming problems.
- understand and implement trees including binary search of trees.
- utilize Tkinter to develop user interfaces
- Use numpy and scipy to solve mathematical models
Computer Science – TENTATIVE Weekly Class Schedule – Spring 2014
Week of Section Topic
1/6 Ch 13: Reading from and writing to files – Exception Handling
1/13 Ch 15: Recursion
1/20 Ch 16: Good Software Practices – Ch 17: Sorting algorithms
1/27 CH 17: Sorting algorithms – Ch 19 Binary Search Trees
2/4 Test 1
2/3 Ch 18: Linked Lists
2/10 Ch 18: Doubly Linked Lists, Queues and Stacks
2/17 Dequeues, Applications implementing Linked Lists, Queues and Stacks
2/24 Applications implementing Linked Lists, Queues and Stacks
3/18 Test 2
3/17 Numpy intro
3/24 Numpy/MatPlotLib and vectorization
3/31 Graphing and scientific libraries in Numpy
4/7 Exam Q & A
4/8 Final Exam
4/14 Spring Break
4/21 – 5/22 Senior Project Time